Assistant Buyer - Spirits, Wine, Tobacco & Confectionery
Our company in the Pacific is part of the global Lagardère Travel Retail group. This group is one of the world's largest travel retailers, operating stores in Travel Essentials, Duty Free & Luxury, and Foodservice, across airports, railways stations, and major commuter hubs. Representing the group within the Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand & New Caledonia), our stores offer a complete range of products and services to satisfy each and every traveller all throughout their journey.
As the Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for providing support to our busy Duty Free Buying team in the Spirits, Wine Tobacco and Confectionery categories. Your day to day tasks working in our modern agile office in Mascot will include:
- Vendor File maintenance / creation
- Update Range bible
- Master Data Management communication
- Range Review Preparation
- Co-ordinate with Buyers to Stores
- Store layouts
- Reporting and Analysis (e.g monthly Sales/Margin/Stock reports)
- Assessment of brand performance and preparation of key figures for vendor meetings
- Coordinating & liaising with internal stake holders on promotional calendar updates & loading promotions into the system
- Purchase Order support and management of the vendor file order sheets
- Programming ad hoc price promotions on the tills system
- Coordinating with vendors to receive new line forms completed
- Liaising internally with our masterdata team for sku creation in the system
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
The successful applicant will ideally have a keen interest in Buying as a future career with a particular focus on and knowledge of Spirits and Wine. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential as is the ability to work in a fast paced environment. This is a highly analytical role that will deal with large volumes of data therefore strong Excel skills is critical along with the flexibility to work outside of normal business when required. Exposure to retail buying or the duty free industry would be a definite plus.
This is a great opportunity for you to make your mark in a growing global organisation where you can stretch and challenge yourself.
Experience new horizons every day!