Accounts Receivable Specialist
Lagardère Travel Retail is the only dedicated travel retailer of cultural and leisure products in the Pacific region. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with the ever changing and diverse travel environment.
In this busy role based at our "state of the art" Head Office in Mascot, you will be expected to provide financial, clerical and administrative services to the overall business to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under your control.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Generate and send out statements
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Perform account reconciliations and assist with month-end closing
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Prepare AR ageing reporting to ensure compliance
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process adjustments
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- Assist with month-end closing
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures to support new business needs
And, to deliver at optimum level in this role you will need to have the following:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a high volume finance role
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications specifically using Excel
- Navision experience would be an added advantage
- Highly analytical with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a role that requires commitment where you will be working in a dynamic team of dedicated professionals. If you meet all our requirements and feel this is an opportunity where you can add value by utilising your finance skills then we would love to hear from you.
Experience new horizons every day!