Lagardère Travel Retail is the only dedicated travel retailer of cultural and leisure products in the Pacific region. We currently operate over 150 retail outlets across the Pacific with most in major airports and commuter terminals. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with the ever changing and diverse travel environment.
The Role – a brief overview
As the Financial Accountant reporting into our Financial Controller, your prime focus will be to accurately complete functions to issue monthly management accounts within specified deadlines. In this critical role you will expected to take control of:
- Completing/reviewing monthly management accounts
- Month end work papers reconciliation balance sheets
- The review and completion of monthly management accounts.
- Reviewing other general ledger coding.
- Preparation and delivery of financial statements and annual reporting
- Performing financial and expenditure analysis.
- Creating and posting general ledger journal entries.
- Reconciliation and review of Australian and NZ BAS/FBT/IAS returns
- Recommend, review and perform accounting software maintenance tasks
- Ad Hoc tasks and projects as directed from time to time by the Financial Controller.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years full function Accountant experience in a medium to large company
- CA/CPA qualified or close to completion
- BI experience preferred
- Sound Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to Navision would be a huge plus
We operate in a constantly evolving, interesting and fast paced retail environment where you will have the opportunity to stretch and challenge yourself. We offer a competitive remuneration package, state of the art offices close to Sydney Airport with exciting views and a free onsite Gym.
Experience new horizons every day!